Welcome to our
To whomever will come, to all who are weary and need rest, who struggle and are in need of support and love; who seek righteousness and hunger for fellowship; in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ; we open wide our doors reach out and welcome you.
The First Presbyterians in Springs traveled by horse and buggy (or farm wagon) to the church in the village. By 1880, some of the residents of Springs, began to hold worship services and conduct a Sunday School in their homes or in the one room schoolhouse that stood where Ashawagh Hall stands today. On July 17, 1882 the Presbytery of Long Island approved the establishment of the Springs Chapel under the guidance of the First Presbyterian Church, and the minister from that church would be expected to lead both congregations.
On August 24, 1882, the new chapel was dedicated. The land had been donated by members of the Miller family, whose descendants still live in a house across the street from the church. The Chapel was built in 1882 by contractor George A. Eldridge of East Hampton at a cost just under $1000, including the steeple. Capt. Sineus Edwards provided the bell that still hangs in the church steeple. He purchased the bell in Albany and sailed it down the Hudson River and Long Island Sound to his landing in Accabonac Harbor, in sight of the Chapel.
The education and parish building was added in 1955, and the Springs Chapel was chartered as an independent, fully self-governing Presbyterian Church in 1971. The Rev. Paul Cunkle, for whom the Fellowship Hallis named, served as pastor of the church in Springs and Amagansett until his retirement in 1981. The first manse was donated by Sam Duncan in 1985. A new home for our pastor was built in 2004.
We are people of God and are proud to be part of the rich tradition of worship, fellowship and service at our Church located at the head of the Accabonac Harbor since 1882.
We are proud of our Food Pantry serving our neighbors in need every Wednesday, year-round since 1992. Last year Springs Food pantry served 2,964 families and provided enough food for 30,000 meals.
We are pleased to serve our community, and the thousands of people who come through our door each year, as we share our hospitable building with friends and neighbors who gather for various functions, meetings and events. These include art shows, community theater events, flea markets, baptism & birthday parties, weddings and more. Our commercial kitchen is rented out to small, local businesses to help with production of goods. Our Church building also provides a home for regular meetings and classes with Alcoholics Anonymous, Yoga, I-Tri, Hamptons Driving school, A Women’s Step Group (AA), Al-Anon, Springs Community Theater, Lion’s Head Beach Association, Core Plus, Boy Scouts and the Spanish Church of the Nazarene.
For many years our church has been a gathering place for the community with our famous dinner events including our annual St. Patrick's Day Corned Beef Dinner, and most recently our Murder Mystery Event and our Friday Night Take Out dinners. We also host an annual Holiday Craft Fair.